Another Grainline Scout pattern hack! I’m getting so much mileage out of this pattern. The inspiration for this top started with the Madewell Scout tutorial that Jen posted. I decided to mix it up a little and use it to create my own version of a different Madewell top. There are an awful lot of Madewell tops on my pinterest boards to choose from!
I slashed & spread the pattern to create the swing shape and cut in around the shoulders a bit more than on my previous Scout tank hack. I used Madewell Scout variation tutorial for the split neck. I also brought the length up a little.
I picked up the fabric from the sale floor at Stonemountain & Daughter. It’s a cotton jacquard with an interesting loose weave. The print is both loud and a floral – not my usual style. This was intended as a wearable muslin but I’ve ended up wearing it quite a bit. I’ve also made another version in a black yarn-dyed linen which I’ll tell you about when I get a picture.
Details: a little fuzzy – started with the Scout in sz 0, added 4″ width to the bottom of the front and back, shortened by 1″, cut in the shoulders, brought the neckline up and added a bias bound slit to the neck